Cochrane Ecological Institute
Focus: Animal care and Conservation.
Become a Fan. Follow Us. Subscribe To YouTube.
CEI is an NGO devoted to the conservation of wildlife in Alberta, Canada, through captive breeding for reintroduction of endangered species, habitat inventories, educational programmes, wildlife rescue, rehabilitation and release.
CEI is an NGO devoted to the conservation of wildlife through captive breeding for reintroduction, research on non-intrusive monitoring, educational programmes, wildlife rescue, rehabilitation and release.
The CRI achieves their mandate through:
- The conservation, breeding and reintroduction of endangered and extirpated species (flora and fauna)
- The rescue, rehabilitation and release of injured and orphaned wildlife
- The development of non-intrusive survey methods to monitor habitat health and evaluate environmental impacts
- The implementation, involvement and support of field research and research facilities
- Volunteer outreach programs
- Public education
Costs & Benefits
Volunteers will be involved in: Feeding the animals, facility maintenance, and assistance with the ecological educational programmes, wildlife record keeping and observation, assistance on wildlife rehabilitation.
$15.00 US per day to cover utility costs, Rustic accommodation, volunteers provides food.
Post Secondary study necessary, veterinary or biology studies good mental and physical condition necessary. Min Age 25 years old due to insurance. Minimum Stay 6 week
Cochrane Ecological Institute (CEI)
P.O.Box 484, Cochrane, Alberta, T4C 1A7 Canada
Tel: ++1 (403) 932 5632
Email:email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Average cost per day: $15
Focus: Animal care and Conservation
Skills needed: Volunteers must be at least 25 years old and Minimum Stay 6 week