Sustainable Vision has signed up as a partner to the Foreign & Commonwealth Offices’ “Know Before You Go” campaign to provide latest up to date travel advice.
‘Know Before You Go’ (KBYG) is an ongoing campaign to help Brits to stay safe and healthy abroad.
The campaign was launched in 2001 to promote these key messages:
- Get adequate travel insurance
- Check the FCO’s country travel advice
- Research your destination – know the local laws and customs
- Visit your GP as soon as possible before travelling
- Check your passport is in good condition and valid and you have all necessary visas
- Make copies of important travel documents and/or store them online using a secure data storage site
- Tell someone where you are going and leave emergency contact details with them
- Take enough money and have access to emergency funds
Every year thousands of British travellers seriously regret not taking these simple steps.
If you’re planning a trip you should read the travellers checklist– it’s full of practical tips for having a safe and enjoyable time.
KBYG publications include:
- Going To live abroad
- Lonely planet travel safe
- World Wise
All KBYG publications can be ordered HERE.
For travel updates to other countries click here.