Ethical Encounters Uganda
Focus: Community and Education.
Ethical Encounters (ÉÉ) is a Small Social Enterprise; founded to "Unite Cultures through Travel and Tourism" We seek to use the economic clout of tourism to enhance the living conditions of children and villagers in the local Communities. ÉÉ believes that ethical travel is a net positive for the planet. By choosing to volunteer and remembering our role as global citizens, we can create international goodwill and help change the world for the better.
Our endeavors are to;
- Minimise negative economic, environmental, and social impacts;
- Generate greater economic benefits for local people and enhance the well-being of host communities;
- Make positive contributions to the conservation of cultural heritage, to the maintenance of Africa's diversity;
- Provide more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- Be culturally sensitive, encourage respect between tourists and hosts, and build local pride and confidence.
Costs & Benefits
Each program is specifically designed to have the greatest affect on all involved, so no matter your duration of stay, 1 week or 6-weeks, you will know and see the difference you have made. Regardless of your stage in life the EE programs will get the most out of you, from student to retiree. Ethical based volunteering is life changing and relevant to all career and personal development. Our Uganda projects;
T.O.E.S Kids Project- Volunteers are needed to bring energy & activity ideas for the children between the ages of 4 & 8.
T.E.E.S Schools Project - Teaching basic numbers, spelling, English, art & craft, sport & other fun games will be most appreciated. Not only is it fun for them, it is also fun for you.
V.I.L.S Villages Project - Renovating a school, water well or constructing a home for villagers in a rural community.
Costs from EUR €150 per week to EUR €350 per month. The above prices include accommodation, airport pick-up and transfers, meals and local transport to projects and a local coordinator or team to organise a volunteer placement for you and provide additional support.
Basic English is a must, volunteers should be at least 16yrs and older upon arrival
No. 215/D, Airport Rd. Entebbe, Bwebajja Town,
Tel: +256414560081 Skype goethical
Location: Wakiso, Uganda
Average cost per day: 12 Euros/day
Focus: Community and Education
Skills needed: Volunteers must be at least 16 years old