Future Stars Orphanage
Focus: Community and Education.
Future stars Organization is designed and committed to help orphans and destitute children to eradicate poverty, child labour, social vices and to promote individual, societal and global change.
We are growing up in a world where education is considered a luxury, there is little or minimal money for food let alone for paying school fees. Children especially girls are being denied an education as they are expected to work in the farm or care for younger siblings.
Children marry or have children early or even steal or beg to survive, because there is high rate of illiteracy and all children have the right to education and this right should be achieved progressively and on the basis of equal opportunity, Future Stars has establish a primary school.
The school will help establish the name and trust of the organization under the Ghana educational service, Future stars will use the established school as a medium to render formal and informal education and career and talent development.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ORGANIZATION
1. To build a school and charity home in the community (buduburam)
2. To provide shelter for the homeless and feeding for the needy in the community
3. To focus on the child development.
4. To help the disabled ones in the society not forgetting the ex-convict who have lost their visions.
5. To promote HIV/AIDS awareness.
ACTIVITIES OF THE ORGANIZATION
1. Teaching and learning.
2. Feeding and care taking.
3. Talent and Career development
5. Cultural practices
6. Religious and moral Education
Costs & Benefits
Volunteers will be working 6 hours a day and 36 hours in a week.
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Volunteers will teach any subject they can perform best at the orphanage's school.
2. Volunteers will organize games and other activities for the children. In addition, general volunteers will help psychologically scarred children to try and get a brighter outlook in the future.
3. Helping the kids with their home works.
4. There are some painting works to be done in the orphanage's school and volunteers will help in painting the school.
5. Telling the kids about HIV/AIDS.
6. Playing with the kids during and after school to make them happy.
7. Raising funds for the improvement to the orphanage's school.
The cost for staying in the volunteer house is $26 per day, volunteers will be staying in the volunteer’s house where we have modern facilities like electricity, tap water, flushing toilet and meals are being provided in the volunteer house. The $26 per day includes accommodation and meals; breakfast, lunch and supper. Volunteers will have a private bedroom. What are not inclusive are internet access, airtime and outing like visiting interesting places in Ghana.
No skills are needed for this particular project and volunteers must speak good English. Volunteers must be 18 years and over.
FUTURE STARS ORGANIZATION
BOX KS 579 KASOA C/R GHANA
Location: KASOA C/R GHANA
Average cost per day: $26
Focus: Education and Community Work
Skills needed: Volunteers must be at least 18 years old and speak English